HybridZ

Polyurethane undercoating

John Greenslade

I spoke with one of the reps of Rhino lining truck bed spray on liners about coating the undercarriage of my 240 before rebuilting. Problem is I don't have on rotisserie and they have to have it flipped to spray. The local Body supply shop - White and Peters- have a similar (?)polyurethane product put out by Morton which I beleive is a division of US Chemicals. Has anyone used this or a similar product. Any suggestions. I have already covered the stripped (walnut shelled) undercarriage with a catalyzed polyurethane primer so don't think I could use POR15.

TRY THIS go to wal mart and pick up a gallon of the dupli color rubberized truck bed coating and get the roller kit to go with it. Then put the car as high up on stands as you can get it,and rollit on.You`ll have to use a brush in the tight corners ,but it looks nice and will cost a lot less than rhino does. (About 50.00 bucks)I used this in the bed of two different trucks and both are holding up very well I`m planning to use on my 280,and my 71 chevelle.I figured if it can hold up to all the crap I throw in the bed of my truck,It sure ought to hold up to a few stones that get kicked up here and there. 2thumbs.gif

Be absolutely sure to do this in a very well vetilated area.The fumes from this stuff will knock you on your butt ugg.gif also have some acetone handy for cleanup.You will want to be sure to wear gloves ect,and mask off anything you don`t want covered(bolt holes and flanges where suspension parts bolt up)A 3m paint mask might be a good idea also. Good luck ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Denny 411, I attended at Wal Mart in Canada and was advised that they usually have the product but none in stock. Salesman didn't know the name of product just that they normally had and check back in a month. Tryed to order over the Walmart website but got no matches for the product description. Do you know what the specific name and brand are of the product. Thanks again for the tip.