HybridZ

WTB Thermal Vacuum Valve (1982 280zx)

Heathhh

Title says it all. I need one that works for a 1982 280zx. It has to be in good condition, and assure me that you have tested it using the directions in the haynes manual etc.

Rock Auto sells one for 70+$ and i do not want to purchase at that price...

I've had tons of bad luck with this car that just started looking good again, give me a helping hand ;]

Can someone tell me if these valves/switches are even necessary? Can i rid of the TVV completely and not be adversely affected?

I don't know what that switch/valve does (my car is a 73 and smog exempt), but I'm pretty sure I have one in a spare thermostat housing I have at home. I'll be back on Saturday and if you still need it, PM me and I'll confirm I can find it.

I have one and I will let go with the whole set up with the housing...I don't want to take chances to pull it out from the housing and also you will have the other switches as a spare.Or you can just simply bolt this one and you good to go.

Came out from a running 1982 280ZX N/A 5 Speed(the engine need a ring job)

$33 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Here is some pictures.

P1011570-1.jpg

P1011568-1.jpg

P1011569-1.jpg

P1011571-1.jpg

Title says it all. I need one that works for a 1982 280zx. It has to be in good condition, and assure me that you have tested it using the directions in the haynes manual etc.

Rock Auto sells one for 70+$ and i do not want to purchase at that price...

I've had tons of bad luck with this car that just started looking good again, give me a helping hand ;]

Can someone tell me if these valves/switches are even necessary? Can i rid of the TVV completely and not be adversely affected?

I have a complete thermostat housing with both switches. Came off an 82zxt, they have the same housing and same switches, just different computer. The housing came off a running L28 motor. If this will work, I will give you the complete housing and switches for $50 o.b.o.

I have one and I will let go with the whole set up with the housing...I don't want to take chances to pull it out from the housing and also you will have the other switches as a spare.Or you can just simply bolt this one and you good to go.

Came out from a running 1982 280ZX N/A 5 Speed(the engine need a ring job)

$33 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Here is some pictures.

P1011570-1.jpg

P1011568-1.jpg

P1011569-1.jpg

P1011571-1.jpg

Sold mine...