HybridZ

weird problem

Guest TAlchemist

Guest TAlchemist

ok after reading the post's here and not getting any stripper to work on the tar insulation i got down and dirty.

i didnt have a hammer and chisel so i set my airhammer with chisel bit to low < 35psi > and went to work.

worked like a dream got the passengerside, rear driverside and 75% of trans tunnel when i got to drivers floorboard.

oddly enough the tar seems to have been removed, the same lining underthe car and tirewells was spraid in and more tar layed over that. Then floor matting then carpet.

The floormatting is fused with the tar < no in sheets also > and the tar with the liner.

2 questions : Does this mean anything bad like floorboard has been replaced. and how best to remove it. The airhammer needs 2 passes to get to metal and it is difficult and only comes off in strips < the other side came off in large chunks >

Guest KraZ4spd

You could always try dry ice. Let it sit on the area in question for a good 10 or 15 min. Then hit it with a hammer and watch it shatter. You will know what you are dealing with when you expose it all. If a floor pan has been replaced it is not a bad thing if it was done right.

I know how you feel though. I hate it when something like that comes up. emo.gif