HybridZ

RB20DET After Market Intake

rigez

I recall seeing somewhere on their website that they are somewhere in Asia. I want to say Indonesia but, I can't find the page that said where. They also sell on eBay. Here is one of their auctions for the intake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Skyline-GTS-T-RB20DET-RB20-Intake-manifold-R32-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5192c6d3c7QQitemZ350354854855QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

From what I have heard, any plenums like that that are not from reputable tuners (greddy, rips, jun, etc) are kind of a hit or miss thing. Some flow fine but others (duds) even from the same company have flaws. So its like a buy at your own risk kind of thing. That knock off is even kinda on the pricey side. Id hold off, in this economy Id imagine a used greddy one or something will turn up for that kind of money.

One last edit haha, I agree with 240z_master, unless you already have an RB20 sitting in your garage right now then dont bother with it, especially if your in the US. Its older, smaller displacement, aftermarket parts are harder to find, and the transmissions are not anywhere near as good as the RB25 ones.

Edited by jakeoster

How about scratch the whole RB20 idea and go RB25

If you give me a RB25 sure. Otherwise RB20 is a good route to go. Cheap, Makes decent power, smoother running motor than a L series. Plenty enough reasons for me. Either way this post is about the intake for a RB20. We can leave the opinions of which RB motor is better for those "Which motor should put in my car?" posts ;) .

I'm about 99% sure that these plenums are made in Thailand. They frequently crop up on eBay and the company also makes different size throttle bodies. I'm not sure about that particular one, but I think at least some of them by that company have velocity stacks inside.

Edited by jakeoster

I'm about 99% sure that these plenums are made in Thailand. They frequently crop up on eBay and the company also makes different size throttle bodies. I'm not sure about that particular one, but I think at least some of them by that company have velocity stacks inside.

I have one of these manifolds on my car, well something similar. the unit I have has shorter runners though. The design was nice, they are a copy of the JUN intakes. Performance wise I don't know if you'll get a huge power increase or anything. The reason most people switch to these or the Freddy's is your intake routing is much shorter. However be aware that with the big throttle bodies the manifold is almost touching the fender. I had to get a small adapter plate made up to turn the corner. Others have suggested cutting and welding, however you kinda screw yourself on resale if you ever wanted to sell the manifold to a non datsun owner. I like mine it works fine, the only other small issue is it is awful tight underneath for all the idle air/ air regulator crap. Other wise its fine. Oh and good call on the RB20det one of the fellows here in ontario is making great power on a 20! If your looking for a good investment I would suggest Nistune and injectors and save your money for a tune. More fun and power for the money.

Here are some pics,

Cheers

Chris

Inside:

n72604599_33935836_4421.jpg

Fitment:

n72604599_33935835_4183.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v217/155/47/72604599/n72604599_36466335_3219.jpg

n72604599_36466334_2846.jpg