HybridZ

get that mirror off

staledale

Guest nezzie76

Staledale, I had the same problem and it was a real bear. It is nearly impossible to reach the mirror even with the window out. I gave up and pried that sucker off with screwdrivers and such. The mirror is toast, and the hole I got it out of was a tad ugly, but it seemed the only way I could do it. Basically I cut the stem of the mirror up so that I could remove the bolt that sits inside of the stem of the mirror.

Goodluck!

Nate

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd better up date this in case someone else found this with a search. Yes I've got big arms and the metal door frame was cutting me wrist. Lucky thou the three slices were below the big vein. Blood just trickled out instead of squirting. Thats when I did a search on this site. Next day I found the right way. Reach in the door keeping your arm parallel with the ground. Once your arm is inserted to the lock end of the door, swing it up and there's the nut. Don't worry about the cuts on your arm, the grease on the window reg is at that level and the scabs slide right by. After reaching the nut, a few four letter words are in order. Remove arm in the reverse way go to the work bench and get the right wrench. repete the above and your mirror is off. No need for the BFH. Hope this helps someone.