HybridZ

Hey, Cody 82 ZXT

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey dude.

I love the pics of the 280ZX. Thats what I want mine to look like one day. smile.gif

Just wondering a couple of things. Is that a custom rear bumper, or have you modified the original one with some fiberglass then painted over?

Wat size are those mags? 16 or 17?

I like those side skirts with the lines from the rear bumper, it looks mean.

The areas you have done black around the windows and targas are the spots Im thinking about anodizing/chroming/buffing, they're stainless steel right, and you've painted over them?

I have some faded black lacquer on those bits on my zed at home and thought if I paint stripped Id get down to some stainless steel, least I was hoping. smile.gif

Cheerz,

Dwayne

Hey Dwayne,

Your right I just painted the stainless trim black. i used the chrome trim paint that can be bought at any local auto parts store. You have to sand it lightly first or it won't stick at all. There are other guys on this site that can give you better prep ideas that I can but, it's worked for me so far.

The rims are 17x7.5's that were made for a Honda Accord. I used some adapters from Modern Motorsports. I've been real happy with them so far. The car really corners now.

The body kit is the areo II kit sold by Motorsport auto. Easily installed and looks good right out of the box. rockon.gif

I just got a digital camera so I hope to have some more pics soon.

Guest Anonymous

Hey Cody.

Yeah, the mags look wicked. smile.gif

Geez I hate hondas though, how can they make such ugly cars. Dont think Ive seen a nice honda. They can pump out the horse for a normally aspirated car though, those vtec engines are mean.

Just one last question I forgot to ask in my original post. Has your car been lowered?

If so what springs did you use?

I was thinking about lowering my zed on some king springs, then sticking in some adjustable shocks, koni maybe.

Cheerz,

Dwayne

p.s Im looking forward to seeing more pics of your car. hail.gif

I'll start off with an engine shot. I've got a few more but, havn't loaded them up yet? Hopfully I'll be doing some of that today. rockon.gif

screen

Anyway, Yes the car has been lowered. They are Motorsport Auto Springs they are advertised to lower the car by 1.5"'s and I think they do about that. Mine are 2+2 springs that came off another Z that I had. I think if I were doing it again I would go straight to the coil over set-up or maybe try the Tokico progressive rate springs. I do alot of driving and at time the car is alittle stiff. After I added the new seats the car was much more comfortable so who knows. One thing I really recommend is to replace as many bushings as you can with polyurethane. They are realitivley cheap and make for big gains. Do the sway bars and you'll see what I'm talking about. I still have a ton to replace. Heres a good website to look at. This guy spends alot of time on Zcar.com

jeffp

Later.... 2thumbs.gif