HybridZ

Driver's side sits way lower than the other side. WTH is going on.

So I am wondering why my driverside rear is way lower than the passenger side. When on the ground (as you can see in the pics) there is like an inch and a half differene!

With the car on jackstands at full droop it is the same way like an inch and a half different the passenger side hangs lower than the driverside. Also are the LCAs suppose to look different?

At first, I thought maybe this was due to the lowering springs that the car came with. They are gray/silver (not sure of the brand) and I think stock type shocks. The strut tubes do not appear to have been cut.

Is this normal for these cars or is something wrong here? The only reason this all came about is because when my car was on the dyno the other day the rear driverside wheel looked like it was wobbling pretty bad so i tried to see if I could find anything going on today.

Any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated!

Josh

post-11875-12772692905385_thumb.jpg

post-11875-12772694070142_thumb.jpg

Edited by jrb1449

There is a donut shaped rubber spacer that goes on the top of the rear strut perch. If it has never been replaced, it is probably disintegrated beyond recognition, and this can cause your rear end to drop. It is possible that one is gone and the other is not, hence the uneven sagging.

You will need to drop the strut from the tower and use a spring compressor to remove the top to access it. These guys have polyurethane replacements, a pair for $22.

http://www.racetep.com/datsunsusp.html

Part # CCP-218

So I am wondering why my driverside rear is way lower than the passenger side. When on the ground (as you can see in the pics) there is like an inch and a half differene!

With the car on jackstands at full droop it is the same way like an inch and a half different the passenger side hangs lower than the driverside. Also are the LCAs suppose to look different?

At first, I thought maybe this was due to the lowering springs that the car came with. They are gray/silver (not sure of the brand) and I think stock type shocks. The strut tubes do not appear to have been cut.

Is this normal for these cars or is something wrong here? The only reason this all came about is because when my car was on the dyno the other day the rear driverside wheel looked like it was wobbling pretty bad so i tried to see if I could find anything going on today.

Any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated!

Josh

First off, never measure ride height that way. Measure from the ground to the bottom surface of the rocker panels front and rear. These cars are over 30 years old and the wheel wells may have been messed up in an accident. Your car might be level and the wheel wells poorly repaired.

Second, measuring droop is meaningless for any kind of comparison.

Third, if any of your wheels are wobbling, you've got a tire, wheel, or suspension problem.

First off, never measure ride height that way. Measure from the ground to the bottom surface of the rocker panels front and rear. These cars are over 30 years old and the wheel wells may have been messed up in an accident. Your car might be level and the wheel wells poorly repaired.

Second, measuring droop is meaningless for any kind of comparison.

Third, if any of your wheels are wobbling, you've got a tire, wheel, or suspension problem.

I'm pretty sure its a suspension problem. The wheels and tires have been dynamically balanced using a Hunter machine.

The reason I measured at full droop is to see if it could be a difference of shock/spring. Since it is same at full droop and when compressed I don't think it is the spring or shock.