HybridZ

N/A to Turbo swap.. Too late to turn back.

MikeBZ

I’ve been working on a turbo swap on and off for about 18 months. I’ve put together a list of the parts I’ve bought or plan to buy to complete the swap. I know it’s easier and cheaper to look for a complete turbo motor swap and go that route, and you would think I would have been able to find one considering I live near Sacramento CA and there are 4 pick-n-pulls within 45min of my house.

I go at least twice a month to all 4 and I have yet to come across a full swap…… The harness is always gone or cut beyond use. And someone has always picked over the car before me… Granted I do go on Saturdays since I got a regular 9-5 gig during the week. So I started buying the pieces I could get my hands on. I’m now considering holding out for a complete swap and selling the parts I don’t need, or continue on my piece by piece NA to turbo swap….

It might be too late… Here’s a list with what I paid for the part or what I’ve seen the part sell on here or eBay for:

Highlighted parts are those I have yet to buy.

I’m currently running a very good carb’d flat-top F54/P90 engine combo.

Pick-n-pull even has their inventory online now, but doesnt designate turbo etc..

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is planning this swap, my car is not even running (turbo) yet, if you have a chance to buy a whole swap setup DO IT !

post-5838-080161100 1277419451_thumb.jpg

N42 intake will be closer to $75+.

And yes, under any circumstances buy yourself a turbo donor car that runs. I sold the parts off of my old turbo engine after pulling it from my car and was able to buy myself an entire new 280zx turbo with money, block, head and pistons left over amongst other parts. BUY A COMPLETE CAR!!!

Edited by Challenger

N42 intake will be closer to $75+.

I bought the intake from the junkyard, but yeah they sell on here for 75+, much more if shaved and painted as I'm sure you know (I've seen your shaved intakes here for sale)

Edited by MikeBZ