HybridZ

Need help removing a...sunroof??!!

tdab

I picked up a parts car last week for $250 and I'm striping it. Here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1804309847&r=0&t=0

I was not the high bidder. The high bidder got in trouble for having too many cars on his property and was unable to get it. I spoke with the guy while the auction was going on but never bidded so he contacted me when the high bidder fell thru and I snatched it b_hand.gifb_hand.gif

Anyway it has MAJOR rust, the frame rails are broken in 2 spots and it had not run for over 2 years. I'm almost done taking all the parts off that I want to use or list on EBAY and I see that these universal sunroofs go for around $50-$100 bucks new and this one is fairly new and in ex condition. Did not leak. It would be a shame to leave it. Has anyone got any idea how to remove it with out damage?

Also its a shame the car has so much cancer, I had it running about 30 mins after I got it home and off the trailer. The guy told me the engine was rebuilt and it runs great (well ran great). It had early SU's with an E88. I got on it coming out of my development and when I hit 2nd I heard the front right framerail break!! :eek: and the car got real loose drifting all over the road. Had a little gut check :confused:

Any help on the sunroof removal would be great!

Thanks

Tom

I'm taking the sunroof out to sell it. Even if I only get $20, its 20 more than I had! ;)

I'm on a budget and only bought the car for the bumpers and the seats and anything else that happened to be ok. I figured I could get all that and at least 4-5 hundred bones for anything I don't need! Turns out all the emblems were brand new and the SU's will sell easy.

Guess I'm just cheap :rolleyes: The car is going the crusher after I'm done. Its hard to find a place to jack it up, the rust is so bad! Its on jackstands in my garage and every few minutes I hear it settle :eek:

Rims and tires were great (tires less than 5K) I've already made my money back, I'm just trying to get every last drop!

Tom