HybridZ

Is my cam timing okay?

Engine-L24

Head-E88

Cam-Stock

Ive got the motor back from the machine shop and im slowly but surely getting her together.The head has been milled substantially but the deck on the block was just cleaned up a few thous.I set my number one piston to TDC with a dial indicator before slapping the head on and marked it on the crank damper wich happens to be the first notch with a sharpie.put the head on with the cam timed mind you.The dowel pin was at around the 11 oclock position where it alligned with the mark on the cam tower plate perfectly like my book stated.Went to put my cam chain on and illigned the bright links with their respective positions on the cam and crank sprockets.In order to get it on its throwing the cam timing advanced.NOTE...when the number one piston is at absolute TDC the marker on the cam sprocket through the hole in the sprocket is showing that it is advanced and i cant think of anything to do about it.I would post a phot but my camera cant zoom in enough to show the marks thru the hole in the cam sprocket.The arrow on the sprocket is to the right of the notch on the cam plate but the left side of the arrow just barely alinged with the mark.

Question.....Is the cam advanced enough to cuase problems?The sprocket is mayby a millimeter to the right of where it should allignt to.Is that to advanced?