HybridZ

slave cylinder problems

J240ZTurbo

Hi all, scratching my head here on this one please help me. I just installed a 5spd N/A tranny with a new Centerforce clutch and a new slave cylinder and here is my problem. I try bleeding the clutch but nothing is happening I feel the fork has no preasure and the slave cylinder keeps coming out???? It feels like the fork needs to push the slave cylinder back, I am sure all was installed properly but just weird?

Edited by juan240z

juan .. when i did my turbo swap , i kept the 77 z 5 speed tranny, but the pin that pushes the fork (on the slave cylinder) had to be changed.. you can check the length of the pin and you may find that if it is longer it will engage the clutch.. check it out and this may be your issue.

So when you open the slave bleeder valve do you get fluid to drip out? What if you open it and gently pump the pedal once or 1/2 way. Don't want to force all the fluid out.

If no fluid is coming out, I'd assume the piston is siezed in the body.

Juan, your car has been sitting for a long time yes? Did you replace the firewall cylinder as well? Those will go bad from sitting too.

First, I would remove the slave, remove the outer rubber boot and the bolt/ pin (Clutch Rod) that pushes on the fork. It will likely come out as one piece when you remove the rubber boot. Gently push the piston in with a small screw driver. It should move fairly freely in and out.

There is nothing to the slave clyninder. Should be a piston w/ a rubber seal and a spring and that is it.

Not it, but very similar.

http://www.fjparts.com/clutch_slave_cylinder_diagram.htm

Edited by JSM