HybridZ

Convertable help?

ZROSSA

Guest Anonymous

(In reference to the second link posted by ZROSSA)

wow, who makes the front chin spoiler Wilbur used on that 260Z? that is sweet! I have the motorsport catalogue but i cant really tell what the body kits look like.

Guest kentmocr250

im doing a rag top using the z therapy video, looked at the reaction research video also & decided the z therapy video was the way i wanted to go. looked hard to find a top frame. $300.+-its a very time consuming project & ill drop 1000.00 to 1200.00 in the conversion, another 2 to 3 k in restoration & paint. lots of welding & grinding, tons of inginuitive thinking (& I mean TONS) the video is actually 2 videos & you must watch several times to get a good feel for what needs to be done . but the details are generaly pretty good. HAVIN' A BLAST THOUGH ( my wife's about to cut me off even more than normal though, what's new there?) later

I've got what I think is a TR7 top frame. I'm going a different route on my roadster so I won't need it. The frame is all there and it moves thur it's path smoothly. Only thing is the webbing needs replaced. Have to dig it out if anyone has an interest in it.

gee i hardly ever come to the paint forum...

the link for my car with the V8 is under Z cars and then convertible and 5L install. there are a few pics there (about 10)

Note the red convertible at the Australian show with ELTORO license plates is a 2+2. That one is the 1st convertible I'vd seen made from a 4-seater.

I picked up a nice, straight, rust-free :D MGB ragtop frame at the JY for $80. It measures wide enough, but too short front-back. Need to watch the Z Therapy video again.

my roof was pieces.. i had to widen it to fit the windshield and then lengthen some of the rods to get it to fold far enough back to go FLUSH with the car when down. i hate seeing the roof sit up when its down (pet peeve) also with seeing convertibles driven top down and windows uP twak.gif

Guest Anonymous

I am in the process of replacing the floor pans and frame rails in my 75 2+2. I have been searching for pictures of cars that have had the additional reinforcements installed for the convertible conversion. I will be ready to add the additional metal soon, but I would like to see what other guys have done to accomplish this. So, can anyone send me or post some pictures of the added support features?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...