HybridZ

Paint Opinions

Guest Zachb55

Guest Zachb55

I'm here right now for one reason, i need your opinions on what is the, cheaper, but best looking, but easier to do, but most done by a person like me, first timer.

The question: To sand or to Klean Strip

what do you guys think i should do based on the above guidlines, kinda tough huh?

Guest Zachb55

Well, i respect your knowledge of this feild a great deal racerx but this time i had to go with what was available locally, so im going the sanding route, but right now im taking the car apart, be sure to check out my site on all the procedures i went through, so itll make your experience easier, oops, lol, i guess thats a sales pitch for my site, but o well, its the truth.

What kind of condition is the paint on your car currently? If it's in decent condition, just wet sand it with 400grit. There's no real reason to remove the old paint if it's in good condition. Sand it, apply a sealer, prime it, and shoot it.

If the paint is all chipped and cracking and nasty looking, it's best to take it down to the bare metal, however, that can be alot more work in the end...but, your paint looks good in the pics. Why are you repainting it? Color change?