HybridZ

wc t5 speedo gear swap?

GOTHALOSISM

I have tried searching but for some reason the search function is not working correctly right now.

I have a 89 WC T5 that has an electric output for an electric Speedo. Of course we all know that the Datsun speedo is cable driven. I can't afford the cable X box so is there any way to convert the electrical output to a gear driven cable?

Thanks!

I have the same issue, with an 89 WC T5. It's hard to search anything T5 related, because you can't use any search term that is less than three characters, so I feel your pain.

From what I have read, you have to open the tranny up like you would if you were changing the drive gear, as it is an electronic sensor in place, and replace it with a drive gear and the appropriate driven gear. I have not, however, seen anyone who has done this, or if it's even easy (enough) or cost effective. So, I'm interested too!

Ok I'll say it now I am a dumbass... i was looking at the VSS sensor port the whole time and I just noticed I had a cable input!!!!

I did find some info out though. You can just take out the electronic speedo port and put in a cable driven one in the same place from another T5 or auto with the same setup.

http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7948