HybridZ

Hoses and vacuum leaks...

503Alex

I believe I have a vacuum leak that is causing my car to run a bit rough and vary the idle. Also, when I put the clutch in when coming to a stop, the car hovers above idle until the car is stopped. I've replaced my plugs (made sure they were gapped correctly), plug wires, rotor, and distributor cap, so I believe that the problem is a vacuum leak due to old hoses. So, does anyone here know where a good place is to get the hoses? I know MSA sells the Valve cover breather hose: http://www.thezstore.com/store/merchant.mvc?, and some of the others, but I'm more or less looking for a kit to buy. Any insight?

Thanks in advance.

I recently replaced most of the vaccuum, gas and coolant lines on my 280z. I picked up bulk hose of various sizes at a local auto store, bought new clamps of various sizes, and got to work. Most of the pre-formed hoses I found online were far too expensive, when compared to bulk hose that often runs around $1 a foot.

I recently replaced most of the vaccuum, gas and coolant lines on my 280z. I picked up bulk hose of various sizes at a local auto store, bought new clamps of various sizes, and got to work. Most of the pre-formed hoses I found online were far too expensive, when compared to bulk hose that often runs around $1 a foot.

I forgot to ask, do you remember what size hoses you ended up using and how much you needed?

Thanks

Edited by 503Alex