HybridZ

Gauge modifications

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

just looking at doing some stuff with my gauges in the rb20z.. was wondering if anybody has attemped a proper backlit gauge face? (no light comes in the sides and the numbers/lines are cut out and letting in light)

also illuminous paint on the front to absorb the light coming from the sides

and even translucent plastics to conduct the light..

I'm aiming to get the numbers and lines to light up very clearly..

any ideas? - and i'm not too keen on buying all aftermarket gauges.. As the dual purpose zed ones are good

this is in a 260z btw

I'm not at all worried about pulling out the gauges and messing with them.. as I changed all the gauge lights in my old zed to red to match the headunit (sad yes.. but it looks sweet!)

any thoughts would be ace

cheers!

Guest Anonymous

If you can get some acrylic transparency film that is thick enough, and print it with a color printer, then you could design them on the computer and make the background with the numbers being able to shine though say in a red, or whatever. I put in autometer ultra-lites which I like, but the side lighting is'nt very good IMHO at night, to much glare, I never tried the bulb condoms though not sure if that makes them better being green or red, perhaps less glare I donno.

Regards,

Lone