HybridZ

71 240z looks good

the vinyl top is pretty darn cool, You don't see those anymore.

Were you thinking of purchasing it or are you the seller? If you're trying to sell it you ought to read the forum rules... If you're thinking of buying it then I'd be very weary of the half assed paint prepping.

*also the car doesn't run - the seller believes it's the ignition coil - the rule is never trust a seller. If it doesn't run you have no idea what the condition of the engine is. The rings could be bad, a valve may have broken, etc etc. The guy claims to know a lot about cars, why isn't it running? He could get an extra grand for it if it was running and painted why not buy the part and fix it? I'd think long and hard about it. There are some aftermarket parts on there like the exhaust manifold that doesn't seem like something a first owner of a car that had it garaged forever would have installed, so the seller probably installed it, which means the engine was running when he got it. An ignition coil is 30 bucks, if that's all that's wrong with it he would have fixed it.

If you're the seller I'm here to warn others away from this car for the reasons I stated above and one other reason: you're bypassing the forum rules by trying to sell your vehicle outside of the buy/sell/trade area in order to get away with not donating to the forum - that doesn't scream honesty to me.

Edited by PapaSmurf