HybridZ

280zx Brake MOD help

Hi.. need some help on a topic that has been driven into the ground… 280zx brake “upgradeâ€

I took a look at the FAQ on this site http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/38499-brake-upgrade-faq, yes THIS site, which I think is really very helpful…. but I still some additional help as I am hitting a dead end…

I now own “Dave’s†old v8 280zx. Picked it up and in the process of doing a complete rework of the car…. I will give him credit… Also really nice guy, as I have exchanged emails with him.. Anyway to the point..

I picked up a pair of S12W brakes that I want use on the front and have hit a couple of speed bumps.

- The stock 280zx calliper has the treaded end which mount to the strut.. The S12W is not threaded .. do I need to thread the calliper or will the spacer from modern-motorsports.com provide the missing link here… I have tried, with ZERO, success to contact Modern-Motor sports on the mater..

- what appears to be the package does not provide enough information for me not to mention it is about 300… sound pricy and it doesn’t even include the rotors.. so I am NOT sure if this is even the right setup that I am looking at.

So:

- does anyone have any idea on how to contact these folks… not good business not returning emails ..

- can the same setup be used on the rear brakes, as I would like similar hook-up for the rear..?

THIS Z project is going to be a REAL interesting one…

Thanks