HybridZ

78 280z Electrical Questions, Picture request

I need a couple pictures to make sure my wiring is correct. If someone is able to take a picture of their starter and the wiring around it/going to the battery, as well as the wiring going to the alternator it would be much appreciated. Remember the 78 has an internal regulator so the picture would need to be from a 78.

Also the relays on the passenger side of the engine bay in the metal box with plastic cover held on with 3 screws, I need to reconfirm which is which. My haynes and chiltons are void of information regarding these relays. Heres what I believe it is....

Looking from the firewall facing towards the front of the car with small plastic cover removed.

------A/C relay (4 pin black connector)----------------Voltage Regulator (5 pin black connector)----

----------------------------------------------------------Fuel pump Relay(4 pin white connector)----

----------------------------------------------------------Ignition relay(6 pin white connector)------

Also from what I understand the 78 has two fuel pump relays, one relay to run the relay and then one to run the pump. Where is the second one located? Is it to the right of the glovebox in the dash?

Thanks for all the help.

Edited by Challenger

The 78 has a fuel pump control relay and the actual fuel pump relay. Other years had the relay behind the kick panel on the drivers side. On the 78 they are both under that beer can shelf on the passenger side right in front of the battery. There is also the fuel injection main relay there as well as an inhibitor relay and a/c relay. I did not have the later two. The big relay is the fuel pump control relay which actually has 2 relays in one case. The next one from left to right is the fuel pump relay then the EFI main relay. I can't remember where I found it but I think it may have been on http://www.atlanticz.ca/ where I found the pictures of the relay bracket. I know it's in the FSM from http://www.xenons30.com/reference.html but sometimes those aren't the easiest to read. As far as the ignition relay....I left the original 240z one in the car.

Edited by MikeyZee