HybridZ

just a few pics of what I have been up to

pat1

I just want to show some pictures of my neverending project.

holset HX35 turbo

turbonetics deltagate wastegate

look alike Plazmaman intake. It was polished aluminum but it was way to shiny for me.

440cc gtr injectors

I just received a new prc double pass radiator a few days ago

3 inch custom built exhaust

post-3499-027122500 1282609224_thumb.jpg

post-3499-044806900 1282609280_thumb.jpg

post-3499-013286300 1282609319_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I got it all together today, Its running great hauls a$$ right now but it needs a tune. I going to get it tuned asap.Here are some pics

Rb20det...... yes a rb20 for you rb haters LOL

Holset hx35

440 gtr injectors

NIStune

3 inch exhaust from the turbo back

turbonetics deltagate wastegate

profec b boost controller

moded stock exhaust manifold to accept the wastegate

z32 Maf

post-3499-082014200 1289688701_thumb.jpg

post-3499-091997300 1289688736_thumb.jpg

post-3499-058279400 1289688773_thumb.jpg

post-3499-058947700 1289688809_thumb.jpg

Hi Pat,

Do you have a build thread somewhere? I tried searching and have not had much luck. I was curious about your intercooler and fuel pressure regulator but didn't want to clutter up this thread if it's answered elsewhere. Curious about the dimensions of your front mount and which FPR you're using. I am looking at a 27x12x3 front mount from CXRacing and the Nismo type A fpr. I'm also curious about which electric fan you're using. It looks like it's in front of the radiator. I'm liking that idea since the engine bay is a bit cleaner for it.

Thanks! B)

Edited by 70 Cam Guy

Hi Pat,

Do you have a build thread somewhere? I tried searching and have not had much luck. I was curious about your intercooler and fuel pressure regulator but didn't want to clutter up this thread if it's answered elsewhere. Curious about the dimensions of your front mount and which FPR you're using. I am looking at a 27x12x3 front mount from CXRacing and the Nismo type A fpr. I'm also curious about which electric fan you're using. It looks like it's in front of the radiator. I'm liking that idea since the engine bay is a bit cleaner for it.

Thanks! B)

I don't have a build thread sorry. The intercooler is a 24x12x3 from tank to tank. I wish I used a bigger one. I was thinking of getting a bigger one and welding it up myself. I didnt have my ac/dc tig when I bought this one. I wanted the inlets and outlets to match up with the stock holes in the core support.

The fuel psi reg is a nismo type a. I cant remember what brand the fan is (I bought it over 15 years ago But is a 12 inch fan and it's a blower so it can go on the outside of the radiator.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Edited by pat1

I done have a build thread sorry. The intercooler is a 24x12x3 from tank to tank. I wish I used a bigger one. I was thinking of getting a bigger one and welding it up myself. I didnt have my ac/dc tig when I bought this one. I wanted the inlets and outlets to match up with the stock holes in the core support.

The fuel psi reg is a nismo type a. I cant remember what brand the fan is (I bought it over 15 years ago But is a 12 inch fan and it's a blower so it can go on the outside of the radiator.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

From what I can see in your pics, the 24" intercooler fits perfect for the stock holes in the core support. That is also my goal. It's looking like 27" end to end might be pushing it if that is 24". I don't have plans for the turbo so a 24-27" front mount should handle stock boost (or slightly above) no problem. Maybe I'm confused on your measurements too... is 24" the core size? :blink:

I have to be honest, I'm curious about the wasted spark ignition. Is that easier with NIStune?

Thanks!

From what I can see in your pics, the 24" intercooler fits perfect for the stock holes in the core support. That is also my goal. It's looking like 27" end to end might be pushing it if that is 24". I don't have plans for the turbo so a 24-27" front mount should handle stock boost (or slightly above) no problem. Maybe I'm confused on your measurements too... is 24" the core size? :blink:

I have to be honest, I'm curious about the wasted spark ignition. Is that easier with NIStune?

Thanks!

It's 24 inch from inlet to outlet. It fits perfect. I pit the wasted spark setup on the when I was having problems with the stock rb coils. I threw the stock coils in the trash and went to the auto parts store and got a coil pack from a Buick grand national and a set of msd plug wires. This set up is more reliable that the stock coils.

Thanks Pat, much appreciated!

I'll have to do some more precise measurements but it looks like I'll be getting a front mount like one of these:

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=IC0006-25&Category_Code=IC18CH

25x12x3 overall, 18x12x3 core

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=IC0029-25&Category_Code=INCO

27x12x3 overall, 20x12x3 core

(they're both much cheaper on ebay, even from cxracing)

I'm wondering if there's even a significant difference between the two sizes but intercoolers are not really something I'm too familiar with.

Good idea on the GN coil pack. I'll have to keep that in mind if my coil packs are no good. I got the tracking on my ARP head studs yesterday, I'll be able to tear down the engine soon :D

Did you do anything special with your exhaust manifold studs? OEM? I haven't looked into much yet but it looks like other Nissan studs could be found to work.

Hey Pat, I was curious about your manifold. Do you happen to have any more pictures of the mod you did? How did you get all that to fit in there haha. My turbo doesn't have much life left to it and I am eventually going to go 30 or 35. What seems to be pricey and hard to find is the exhaust manifold that will work with our setups. Thanks in advance.

(I'm not an RB20 hater xD)

Edited by jakeoster

Thanks Pat, much appreciated!

I'll have to do some more precise measurements but it looks like I'll be getting a front mount like one of these:

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=IC0006-25&Category_Code=IC18CH

25x12x3 overall, 18x12x3 core

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=IC0029-25&Category_Code=INCO

27x12x3 overall, 20x12x3 core

(they're both much cheaper on ebay, even from cxracing)

I'm wondering if there's even a significant difference between the two sizes but intercoolers are not really something I'm too familiar with.

Good idea on the GN coil pack. I'll have to keep that in mind if my coil packs are no good. I got the tracking on my ARP head studs yesterday, I'll be able to tear down the engine soon :D

Did you do anything special with your exhaust manifold studs? OEM? I haven't looked into much yet but it looks like other Nissan studs could be found to work.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I used a a set of mazda 3 exhaust studs. I'm a mazda tesh and I had a extra mazda 3 head sitting around and I had a few broken studs. The mazda 3 studs were a perfect match for the head and also for the turbo flange. The old studs were to short on the turbo flange. Let me know if you have anymore questions, I'll be glad to help.

Hey Pat, I was curious about your manifold. Do you happen to have any more pictures of the mod you did? How did you get all that to fit in there haha. My turbo doesn't have much life left to it and I am eventually going to go 30 or 35. What seems to be pricey and hard to find is the exhaust manifold that will work with our setups. Thanks in advance.

(I'm not an RB20 hater xD)

I can take any pics you like, just let me know. There was tons of room. I had to use a 1/2 t3 turbo flange to make the compressor clear the exhaust manifold and I still had to shave alittle off the compressor housing. I had to weld a 90 degree aluminum elbow to the compressor outlet. I made my own mounts and I had to cut alittle to clear the turbo. But that was no big deal. I pulled off the exhaust manifold and cut a 40mm hole it for the stainless steel exhaust tube that I welded on it. I used ER309L stainless steel filler rod and tig welded it up. Welding cast is a pain but with the tig I could adjust the heat with the pedal and the stainless is awesome to weld. (colors were pretty LOL). The hx35 is cheap but effective turbo. I have 206.00 in the turbo and I rebuilt it to be on the safe side for 42.00. I have read on several foruns that the hx35 is just like the gt30 for a fraction of the price. The turbo pulls great with alittle lag on this rb20 but it still needs tuned. I'm sure when I get it tuned things will change.

I'm going to get it tuned when I get sometime. I was thinking of after I get it tuned I might sell the entire swap and go rb26 but I don't know. I get bored and need something to work on LOL

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I used a a set of mazda 3 exhaust studs. I'm a mazda tesh and I had a extra mazda 3 head sitting around and I had a few broken studs. The mazda 3 studs were a perfect match for the head and also for the turbo flange. The old studs were to short on the turbo flange. Let me know if you have anymore questions, I'll be glad to help.

No worries, I actually ended up ordering the 25x12x3 intercooler after doing some more layouts. It seemed to be the easier fit and should be more than sufficient for my modest plans

Thanks for the tip on the Mazda3 studs, those will certainly be easier to source than RB specific studs from ebay... and probably cheaper. My friends use Worldpac at their shop so it should be pretty easy to check.