HybridZ

Brake Issues with stock 78 280z

I am not very familiar with older brake sytems and just bought my first datsun about 2 or 3 months ago. I am trying to get it in good running good condition. My issue right now is my wheel cylinder was leaking and I lost all my brakes but it was gradually. So i replaced the wheel cylinder and rear shoes and made sure there wasn't leaks. However, after new rear brakes, I still had no pressure so I decided to replace the master cylinder and that helped but my brakes are still weak. I thought maybe somehow the vaccuum line to the brake booster was messed up because I also issues with the motor building power. The car runs fine for till it warms up and then it starts running rough and won't wind up but sputters.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Datsun newbie

Engine is another issue that sounds like mine when I had issues with the carbs. I had a crack in my vacuum hosing on the carb setup near the base which was causing mine to do that so maybe check that out. It sounds like you just need to bleed those breaks really good.

Engine is another issue that sounds like mine when I had issues with the carbs. I had a crack in my vacuum hosing on the carb setup near the base which was causing mine to do that so maybe check that out. It sounds like you just need to bleed those breaks really good.

Thanks for your replies. I am goign to have to try and bleed the system again and hope to build firmness in the pedal. As for the carb suggestion it's a 78 280z so it's fuel injected but I will still look for cracks in the vacuum hosing.