HybridZ

300zx ms1 v3

stprasinz

Well, just as the title says. I have here an 87 300zx running MS1 ver.3.0... Well I found out that the accell copper core super stock plug wires don't have radio suppression (even though the picture on the box is of a wire that says radio suppression....) Also I found that if you have a bad injector its really hard to tune.... ok impossible. But now I'm running on factory injectors, running factory boost.. This car is quicker than my 87 running 13psi on factory ecu!!!!! But I also have porting and polishing done, larger t3t4 turbo, 3" exhaust, and a liquid intercooler... But what I'm seeing is little to no support on information such as maps etc to the vg... If it weren't for all the L series information I wouldn't have pulled it off... but this setup pulls like a rocket compared to anything else I have at this low of boost! I can't wait to crank it up... I am hopeing to be close to my old 280zx that I had running 24 psi.... I burned my clutch out of it last time I drove it and am currenlty waiting for my ebay special stage 3 to get here... I'm hopeing this clutch will hold up till I switch to a bigger turbo... So I just wanted to shout out here.. VG30ET megasquirted up and running!!!!

Edited by stprasinz

• 2 weeks later...

My VG30ET is running a similar setup with MS&S v3.0 At a moddest 14psi, it pulls like a freight train, with a very linear powerband. These motors seem to have very "flat" power bands, and I don't mean that in the negative way.

Congrats on getting it up and running!