HybridZ

Looking at a 260z is this the one?

Well i have been a member for a a short period of time under this account, and my previous account I also flied under the radar for some time, i have been looking around the site at other peoples cars and have been searching all over for a car, and i think the one has come up, the car is a southern car, no rust claimed by the owner, strong motor , good trans, its in primer right now. The interior has a few problems, the gas gauge gives false readings, the tach sticks, the clock stopped working, it has a few new parts but he is asking 3000 for the car and am wondering if this is worth it.

I plan on buying a car with minimal rust issues been there done that (volvo p1800) i also plan to make it a little weekend warrior, different cam, forged piston, maybe a 5 speed trans. I plan to keep the car N/A and ask for a triple weber for my christmas a birthday present :hail: , Although this is my first post i have spent all of last year studying on Z's, i have my fathers shop and any tool i could need along with his support if i need help, we are currently working on my younger brother 51 chevy pickup, and his 32 5 window, so this way we each have a project we can work on, i greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks, Evan

Well i have been a member for a a short period of time under this account, and my previous account I also flied under the radar for some time, i have been looking around the site at other peoples cars and have been searching all over for a car, and i think the one has come up, the car is a southern car, no rust claimed by the owner, strong motor , good trans, its in primer right now. The interior has a few problems, the gas gauge gives false readings, the tach sticks, the clock stopped working, it has a few new parts but he is asking 3000 for the car and am wondering if this is worth it.

I plan on buying a car with minimal rust issues been there done that (volvo p1800) i also plan to make it a little weekend warrior, different cam, forged piston, maybe a 5 speed trans. I plan to keep the car N/A and ask for a triple weber for my christmas a birthday present :hail: , Although this is my first post i have spent all of last year studying on Z's, i have my fathers shop and any tool i could need along with his support if i need help, we are currently working on my younger brother 51 chevy pickup, and his 32 5 window, so this way we each have a project we can work on, i greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks, Evan

the only thing i would do is maybe talk him down maybe 500 dollars just to see if you can but otherwise even if you paid 3 it sounds like a solid project car the clocks normally stop working gas gauges and tacs are cheap unless you just want to throw autometers in it which would always be better but as long as no rust and the motor is as strong as the buyer says it is i think its a solid start