HybridZ

Lokar Dipstick on a TH350

So, I feel like an idiot, but I bought a Lokar flexible transmission dipstick for a TH350, and there just isn't enough room between the body and the tranny to exert force to push it into the mounting hole. I spent 45 min before I decided I should come and ask if anyone ever tried installing one, and see if there are any suggestions. I am guessing I might have to fashion some sort of open ended angled wrench to pull down on that bastard from underneath, but any other ideas are welcome (unless they are pull the engine and tranny, I really don't want to do that for a dipstick if I can help it).

On the plus side, the lokar oil dipstick went in with no problems :)

I've done it. After the war I had with the stock one, it was easy. The motor was in. I think I "just" pulled it in from the bottom. I Had help, I could have tapped it in from above. I guess all I know for sure is the motor was in.

when I was trying to install mine after removing the trans to install my trans brake. I realized that the new separator plate between the valve body and the trans hung out a tad further then the old plate did. This was blocking the dip stick tube from sliding all the way in. Try sticking your finger in the dip stick tube hole and see if you can feel anything blocking the path of the tube from entering. What I did to get mine in was Grind a flat edge onto the dip stick tube so it was able to clear the piece of plate sticking out. No problems since. Hope that helps.

Edited by ColtGT4g63