HybridZ

axle tramp

appsy

Hi,

I have a 280zx with a rb25det neo with 250 bhp up front with a 5 speed behind custom tail shaft and r200 long nose nismo 2 way lsd, I'm running ohlin coilovers from japan with 12kg (650 pounds) rear spings. I have been experiencing excessive axle tramp every time i stick my right foot into the floor has any one experienced this problem and found a way to deal with it.

Hi,

I have a 280zx with a rb25det neo with 250 bhp up front with a 5 speed behind custom tail shaft and r200 long nose nismo 2 way lsd, I'm running ohlin coilovers from japan with 12kg (650 pounds) rear spings. I have been experiencing excessive axle tramp every time i stick my right foot into the floor has any one experienced this problem and found a way to deal with it.

On a semi-trialing arm rear suspension you can get wheel hop under braking and, rarely, wheel hop under acceleration due to the amount of anti-dive in the trailing arm geometry. Increasing compression damping on your shocks will help reduce wheel hop. You can also slot the rear crossmember allowing some adjustment of the trailing arms.

http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/articles/tech_crossmember_slotting.html