HybridZ

Vg30dett engine swap

280zVG30dett

Hello. I am new at this websight so please bare with me. I am planning on doing a vg30dett engine swap in my 1974 datsun 280z. I'd like to know a few things if anyone can answer them. First question.. Will my stock rear end hold up to 360 hp?

Has anyone ever done a true 300zx twin turbo motor swap into an s30?

I see alot of vg30det but very little to no vg30dett...

I am very sorry about the pour english Please if anyone knows someone or has done it them selfs I'd like to chAt with them

• Administrators

Hello. I am new at this websight so please bare with me. I am planning on doing a vg30dett engine swap in my 1974 datsun 280z.

If you car is a '74, it would be a 260Z, if it's a 280-Z then it is '75-'78.

First question.. Will my stock rear end hold up to 360 hp?

This forum has been around since early 2000, dedicated to extreme performance Z cars. Every post since 2000 is still here and rest assured the topic of diff strength has been covered and literally beat to death. There are members here running low 8 seconds in the 1/4 mile at over 150 MPH pulling, (see pic below), with the stock Datsun Diff. Instead of wasting even more bandwidth and web space on a subject that has already been covered adnauseum we ask that new members get comfortable with the search engine, (it's actually rule #2 in our rules and guidelines) as well as read the stickies at the top of the drivetrain section. Spoon feeding readily available information is something this forum frowns upon. :wink:

Has anyone ever done a true 300zx twin turbo motor swap into an s30?

I see alot of vg30det but very little to no vg30dett...

Yes, Greg Dupree, well known VG30DETT builder/tuner and owner of Specialty Z, http://www.specialtyz.com/ probably has the most famous VG30DETT S30 conversion, it was covered in one of the Z car magazines years ago.

Gregs VG30DETT Z;

greg.jpg

Here is one that started, engine in the engine bay, then scrapped;

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/52179-vg30dett-280z-conversion-picsect/

Stock Datsun rear end!

motivator1789543.jpg