HybridZ

Slave push rod question

tauh

I have a 5spd transmission. The slave cylinder has a 70mm (2 3/4in) non-adjustable pushrod. My clutch engages right at the floor and the pedal adjustment is maxed out. My question is, what is the length of the adjustable pushrod that came in the early year Z's? I probably only need .25-.5in longer to correct it. Can any of you help?

Thanks,

Pat

Edited by tauh

I guess the question is, did you install anything new? Has it always been this way?

I believe the early 240z slave is a 11/16 bore and the later is 3/4. So changing to the early would increase travel but if everything is stock it shouldn't be necessary.

If you just swapped in the transmission and swapped throwout collars from different years then that could be your issue.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/84365-throw-out-bearingcollar-question/page__p__799532__hl__clutch+collar+length__fromsearch__1#

Otherwise something else is wrong, like bad master or slave.

You should never have to adjust at the pedal, it should be at specced height and left there. Unless your trying to get a quick fix just to drive it.

Edited by goodoldjam