HybridZ

Mounting Front License Plate

TomoHawk

Guest Anonymous

Hmmm, one of the good things with my move, AZ = no front license plate needed. I like that. Kali should do it, no cop runs wants and warrants off a front plate anyway, they can't read it, its a waste of resources (well inmates isn't a problem, plenty of those) . They never look good on most cars. Bad, bad... :D

Regards,

Lone

Guest 320Zeven

I f you have strict front plate rules like we do out here in cali, then all i can say is if you must, you must. little hint in japan the streetracers out there mount there front plates on a hinge or to so that at high speeds it folds up and can save you from photo radars and complaining neghbors hehe very JDM too... compliments my theme..

That thing only works at so many mph though, good for freeway radar cameras but not for neighborhoods etc. I guess you could always play with the spring to make it easier to move...

I'm in Cali too and the cops are anal! On my CRX, the plate was at a 45-60 degree angle and they gave me a fix it ticket for it! They said it had to be straight up and down. cuss.gif

Owen

Guest VertexZ

Just buy a couple of L brackets from a hardware store and bolt them to the underside of the bumper and attactch the plate to these

Here's what I did:

Got a plastic license bracket and glued it into the front of the front bumper with 'Goop' aka 'shoe goo.' Then I put some big cable-ties around it and the bumper. Then screwed the plate on. The glue keeps it from slipping and the cable ties keep it from blowing off.