HybridZ

RacerX assistance please...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

RacerX (or Van if your around hiya buddy!),

How ya doing? I have a question on a product my brother will be shooting on his Harley tanks, and fenders.

Its by Xotic, its a beautiful metalic product thats three steps. Well actually four, we'll be using they're white primer as the first coat.

The next coat is a silver flake, the middle coat is a transparent deep sky blue (they call it China Blue) color and the final coat is a catalyzed clear coat. Have you used the product ever and are there any warnings or things to know about this sort of paint system? We'll be using they're slow reducer and painting pretty early when he's ready to shoot it (early like 06:00 in the morning abient temp at that time, probably 70-75 degree's (and gaining). Any other tips or things to know about it if you've used it, or any similar candy apple sort of paint system (which this sort of is I guess). (gosh I hope your not going to say the stuff is crap, its bought and paid for) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Lone

Ps: It was nice seeing you at the BBQ in rio vista.

Guest Anonymous

Racer X.... Very helpful wet sanding tips ya make it sound so easy or at least build confidence in your pupils. I have been practicing on the interior walls of the rental with my De Vibiliss primer gun with latex enamel.

Guest Anonymous

RacerX thanks so much, thats great info and I appreciate it much, I'll send some pictures of the finished product when its been done. Thanks again, as always your the man. Talk to you soon.

Take care regards,

Lone