HybridZ

I want to removal factory HVAC stuff, anything I should know?

Cable

Hey guys, I want to remove all the factory A/C and heater equipment from under my dash (nothing works anyway) and wondered if there is anything special I should know before proceeding? I hope that I don't have to remove the dash, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!!

Edited by Cable

Hey guys, I want to remove all the factory A/C and heater equipment from under my dash (nothing works anyway) and wondered if there is anything special I should know before proceeding? I hope that I don't have to remove the dash, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!!

I have done it on a 75 280z and I removed both the A/C and the heater, and you have to take the dash off to get everything out. You can take off the fan without taking off the dash. Sorry for the bad news, Its not as bad as it seems taking the dash out, the trouble is putting it back in and connecting the hard to get to wires. Good luck.

I have done it on a 75 280z and I removed both the A/C and the heater, and you have to take the dash off to get everything out. You can take off the fan without taking off the dash. Sorry for the bad news, Its not as bad as it seems taking the dash out, the trouble is putting it back in and connecting the hard to get to wires. Good luck.

I removed all heating ac related things on my 74 260z. It was tightly packaged but did come out through the passenger side without dash removal. + side, shed a few lbs.