HybridZ

R200 Q45 Ring Set Question

redleg

I spent the last two days searching all the sticky's in the drive train forum and still have not found my answer. Last year after having no luck finding a long nose R200 (3.36) for my 240z, I decided to go the Q45 R200 short nose (3.54) route. It works good however I'm searching for a taller gear that will fit in to the Q45 R200 carrier if possible. I've obtained a Nissan differential list and on that list it shows the Nissan Pathfinder 2004-2007 has an short nose R200 (3.13) diff. My question is will the pathfinders ring set fit into the Q45 R200 carrier? I got a lead on a R200 (3.13) but don't want to buy it being I'm not sure if the ring set will fit. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

That's what I'm running right now. It's good from 3rd gear on. 1st gear is worthless, 2nd gear I'm shifting just as the turbo pulling hard. Back to the question.... Does anyone know if this gear set swap possible?

If it's an R200 R&P from an ABS car it should fit from what I have read. You must have some short tires.

As long as the ring and pinion come from a short nose R200, then the it should bolt up to your Q45 R200 carrier just fine. Actually, ANY R200 ring gear will bolt up to your carrier however, you have to have the accompanying pinion gear with it, therefore it HAS to come from a short nose differential.

As long as the ring and pinion come from a short nose R200, then the it should bolt up to your Q45 R200 carrier just fine. Actually, ANY R200 ring gear will bolt up to your carrier however, you have to have the accompanying pinion gear with it, therefore it HAS to come from a short nose differential.

You're right I think. Didn't mean to spread bad info. It's just the driveshaft companion flange that changes car to car depending on if it has an ABS sensor there. I found this on KA-T.org (he is refering to the companion flange to the driveshaft):

"All the above R200(v)'s has the same lenght pinion's, like someone that knows his stuff mentioned it already, the different in lenght is subtracted for via the companion flange for the differentials that have teh ABS sensor on the snout."