HybridZ

i might go to the dark side!!

Guest zphreek

Guest zphreek

heh heh... well in an earlier post i got accused of being a "ricer" so i guess i might as well live up to the image. i was at advance auto the other day and when i walked past the Uncle Bens isle i spotted a couple of things that caught my eye :rolleyes: one of them was a set a clear flush mount side markers... i am not a fan of clear lights but the shape of these and the fact that they would be mounted flush made them pretty attractive. another item that caught my eye was a set of universal door locks from APC. they used the round barrel type of key like the kind on pop machines, aside from the fact that the bezel was kinda a funky color they would be a nice addition to my Z i believe. plus i would probably feel better knowing that not ever other person with a nissan key could open my door.

Guest nezzie76

I wouldn't worry about being a ricer. Your car's just too old. Besides everybody's interpretation of ricey is different.

I've got chevy door locks on my Z. I haven't a clue what they're from or even how they work because I got the car like that, but they do work well and look alomost stock. Now when somebody with a shaved key tries the door, they are in for a shock :eek:

Of course they could always enter through the rear hatch :(

Guest LIghtningZ

Don't forget that door locks from any seventy's thru early 80's ( before they started using the trunk key twak.gifmalebitchslap.gif:confused: )will also fit our early Z doors!! and work perfect!! 2thumbs.gif

I have those locks on my 73, you're right the lettering around the locks are ugly but I plan to black them out. I lost the trunk lock :mad: so I'm looking for an alternative rather than buying another set of APC's just to have them match.

Any suggestions anyone?

BTW, I have clear sidemarkers too 2thumbs.gif ,

and a 5-inch exhaust tip that Tim240Z wishes he had but can't bring himself to do it! :D

"It only looks like rice until you smell the burnt rubber"

Owen

Guest zphreek

wow this place is so much better about accepting new ideas than Zcar.com. if i had posted this there i would have gotten flamed and called a ricer probably about 15 times 2thumbs.gif

i wondered about those door locks maybe i'll pick up a set too.They do look nice i just wondered if someone with a set would be able to open your car or if they are all different.I noticed that the apc stuff lacks instructions and info on the boxes.Has anyone tried to unlock another set of locks like that with their keys or knows if they made diff keys for the sets?

Guest zphreek

hmmm... that would be rather cheap and idiotic of APC if they keyed all of there locks to be the same twak.gif . but being as they make other questionable weird.gif items i wouldnt really put it past them. if any key will open any lock then i would actually be going down a step in security from what i have now :confused:

Guest Thurem

Somebody made round key ignitionlocks for motorcycles a while back, got to install a few, and then uninstall them, cause they failed. Make sure they are good quality...

Personally I think round key locks are a PITA cause the key doesn't just slide in (if you know what I mean).

Thure