HybridZ

ok... ordered some stuff... now I need a hood

Guest LT4Justin

Guest LT4Justin

wellp... finally got around to ordering the subtleZ front and 280YZ rear flares today... now I need a hood.

Don't really care for the cowl induction type ones, but that's primarily what I've seen... what else is out there guys? I remember somebody mentioning stock style fiberglass ones a while back... where are those at?

Guest LT4Justin

ok, found my old thread where somebody mentioned unlimited fiberglass... anybody have a URL or phone number for them?

Also, it's a long shot... but nobody's started putting out any smoothed out Z hoods in the past couple months have they?

Gee Justin, what's your hurry? You could have waited untill midnight to place your order. weird.gif

I know, you wanted to get the very last set, didn't you?

Just pullin your chain. Actually I'm flattered. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Just don't tell me you're painting it Viper blue. rolleyesg.gif

Guest LT4Justin

Thanks Davy,

Well Dan, actually ordered 'em a few days before the post, didn't even hear about their impending unavability till after I placed the order, so I lucked out there. I would've gone with the full 280YZ treatment if it had provisions for headlights. but ah well.

...and don't you worry, the car's going to be silver ;)

You did get lucky. I just got an e-mail yesterday from a guy that wanted them too. I had to give him the bad news. frown.gif

Silver is going to look great. I love silver cars. I've had gold. Both colors have limited life spans though.

I too wanted to use the YZ fronts and adapt the stock headlight buckets into them. No chance. The shape is very different.

Keep us updated with pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry v8dats, not unless someone buys the company and starts producing them again. frown.gif

Unfortunately there are more people getting out of the Z car fiberglass biz these days than getting in.

I, on the other hand, know the secret to making a small fortune in it! 2thumbs.gif

Start with a large fortune. cry2.gif

Guest Anonymous

I'm talking to someone with a set of the rear flares that he had on his race car, they have a few cracks but are supposedly in good overall shape. I plan to buy them and make some molds of them and I'm hoping that they will be easier to make than the DAMN Gnose is. I still don't have one yet that is fit for mounting.Anyway I'll post more about this as I find out more.