HybridZ

7mgte trouble shooting

badjuju

First, please don't flame me for this, I know it'll happen, because this was a really stupid thing to do, but this is my ******* baby, I've been working on her for four years, and your smartass comments are a little much for me atm.

I let my 7mgte setup hit like 220 Celsius. Idling with no fan. forgot about the no fan.

"Quick! Pour water on it!"

I did. idiot. Stupid move. About two miles down the road, I start getting smoke out the tail pipe. It's whitish but it doesn't QUITE seem like steam. The AFR dropped from 13:1 to 8:1.

I open up spark plugs and find that 1,2,3 are whitish as if they've been heated too much (go figure) and 4,5 are wet-ish, and 5,6 look like they have water sitting on top of the pistons. Looking down into the block I can see the reflection of the sky above me, and ripples on the reflection which means 1, there's liquid on the piston, and 2, there's more dripping onto it.

I pull the motor. Check the head, block, Cometic MLS gasket. No (visible) damage on any of them. I ran a square over the head\block, didn't see any warpage. I seal it all back up and compression test (should have done this first, I know). I get 150, 140,157,145,150,126. Piston 6 has always been a little less compressiony than the rest.

Wtf is going on? Is this a problem that will only surface when it gets hot again? Possibly just destroyed the #1,6 coil pack when I poured water on it? I have seen a "bad" coil pack which only fired one of the two cylinders before. It's possible this happened to both the #1,6 and the #2,5 coil packs. I'm thinking maybe the excessive heat + cold water on the coil packs (which sit above the motor, get hit with all the heat of the motor, and got hit with water first)busted a couple of the packs. The compression test plus the fact that the afr dropped to 8:1 instead of reading something incredibly off the chart tells me that maybe a ton of water wasn't blowing by the sensor, and the smoke did smell an awful lot like fuel. Could have just been hot ass gasoline hitting the exhaust system and halfway vaporizing?

Any advice on what direction to take this?

Edited by badjuju