HybridZ

Connecting original harness after installing megasquirt

J240ZTurbo

Good morning all, I will be installing MS on my 73 240z Turbo swap soon. Question do we still need to install the original 240z wire harness into the coil or not? what do I need to reused? and the relays next to the battery are these still need it?

thanks,

Juan,

post-5064-015593800 1286624768_thumb.jpg

post-5064-050316900 1286624878_thumb.jpg

Edited by juan240z

Too many variables to know how to wire your setup here.  Your best bet is to find a wiring scheme that suits your particular install.

http://www.google.com/images?client=opera&rls=en&q=megasquirt+wiring+diagram&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=mq2xTPe9A8L98Abuio2iCQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCAQsAQwAA

cygnusx1 called it - you need to tell us how more about your setup. For example, is MS controlling spark? What is driving the coil? Are you using the stock clt sensor or did you add another one? Etc.

In general, I would ignore the stock harness and leave it alone to drive the stock gauges. Instead, just pull new wire between each device and the MS harness.

Side note: I don't understand why so many people try to reuse the stock harness, especially with the older cars where they are usually unreliable by now. I would argue that it's just as confusing (if not more so) to figure out the harness wiring as it is to just pull new wires.