HybridZ

Sold the 78 280, got a 78 280

ZR8ED

What a crazy few weeks. Selling an custom exotic sports car is almost a full time job! The widebody has gone on to a good home with an experienced z owner from my own club (those details will remain private unless he wants to come forward on his own)

Ok. Soooo. Sold one 1978 280z with (I think it is safe to say) extreme mods, only to get a 1978 280z with very mild mods. The car project shall be called "Sell this one too!" It is a 280 with toyota brake upgrade, 14x7 or 8 wheels, intake/headers/exhaust. Stock FI, air/con, and a full yet partially installed MSA body kit (skirts, airdam, rear fascia)two wings (one msa California wing not installed) It has vents moulded into the quarters, has a black interior, and crappy blue exterior paint.

My mission is to cleanup, do the bodywork, install the body kit, paint, and sell, then move on to a nicer project.

Now don't feel too sorry for me selling my old Z. I am thoroughly enjoying a Porsche 944 cabriolet with a Gemballa bodykit and nice wheels. Beautiful car to cruise around in, and more importantly wife friendly enough to be able to take the car on trips, that she would not let me use my previous Z for. (ok I may be a bit whipped, but at least I can still play with cars after more than 20yrs of Z's)

I started by taking stock of what I have, and what it needs, and how I will tackle it. I don't have a big budget, so I need to put all of my skills to use here. I can't start the bodywork yet, but I still wanted to work on it this thanksgiving weekend, so I elected to clean/organize some wiring, and start painting brackets and such in the engine bay. I will have to mask it all off once the bodywork starts, to try and keep my work looking decent, but at least I got to play with the car some. The engine bay was so dirty, that I would be ashamed to show it at a 4x4 offroad weekend event!

Here are the initial pics. Remember these pics...it can only get better from here.

Wish me luck! "Once again into the breach!"

0114kd5_20.jpg

26671k_20.jpg

Edited by ZR8ED