HybridZ

Front brake rotor install problem

Hi all,

I'm putting drilled/slotted rotors on the front of my 76 280z and have run into an issue on the drivers side. Passenger side went on without any problems, but the drivers side appears to not go on all the way... The caliper won't line up correctly and the axle nut won't move in enough to get the cotter pin through. I checked the old rotor vs. the new one and they appear to be identical dimensions, at least not different enough to cause this. It seems like the rotor should slide on about an additional 1/8".

Any ideas???

Thanks!

OK, I was being a little bit of a dumbass. On the passenger side, the rotor/hub slid on perfectly, but on the drivers side, the inner lip was not slipping over the ledge on the strut assembly. When I tightened the bolt, it was pulling the assembly up against the ledge it's supposed to slide over. Sooo... with it (what it felt like) all the way on, I wiggled the hub/rotor assembly up and down, left and right and it slid over the ledge. Hope this can help anyone coming up on the same issue...

post-12144-080055600 1287092019_thumb.png