HybridZ

i am gonna get myself lerned!

Guest zphreek

Guest zphreek

hey guys! i am now taking a ASE certified paint and refinish course! now hopefully i will leard all the things i need to know and will be able to paint my own car using a real nice paint booth and a $500 paint gun :D

Guest Anonymous

Hey if you are looking for those import spray guns Racerx is talking about then you should go to ebay. I see a lot of spray guns that sell a lot cheaper than the Paint stores. BTW would you guys know if there are paint courses in Ca?

Guest Anonymous

zphreek,

I first purchaced my spray gun based on the type of gun I was learning with.(devilbiss GTI gravity feed 585.00 plus tax)I went for this because the person I was learning from told me the more expensive the better.Sort of a "You get what you pay for"type of guy.

Now don`t get me wrong,Ive had this gun for several years,and its seen alot of spraying.Ive only had to rebuild it once.180 bucks,incase your wandering.But just as Racerx says,you can get cheeper and be just as happy.

I now own 5 guns all but one are gravity feed guns.I find they spray at much lower psi and you dont waste any material.There are alot of pros to spraying with gravity feed compared to siphon,but you`ll chose witch you like best over time.My second gun (Devilbiss Finish-line)only cost 135 on sale.I originaly purchaced this gun to be used for primer,But found that it sprays every bit as well as my first gun.There are some trade offs,such as the coupler that holds the air cap on is plastic and will break if you let paint dry in the threads.I know....I know....You`re not supposed to do that.It only happened once.O.K? bonk.gif But what I`m saying is,as long as you take proper care of your equipment it will take proper care of you.Even if you didn`t spend a small fortune on it.

The guys at the paint store will most likely try to get you to purchace the most expensive gun.They are there making a living after all.Just ask other people what they have and how they like it.I`ve found that a painter loves to tell you about his experiences with his tools of the trade. Good luck,and hope you`ll be willing to share your formal training with us. 2thumbs.gif

RacerX what gun do you spray with?

Guest zphreek

i dont have to purchase a gun for the class, they have like 15 of them and everyone gets to use one. which is a good thing because i am not exactly loaded. the freakin book i had to buy was $120!!! thats insane.....oh and after i get done with the class i would be glad to pass along any helpful information.

Guest Anonymous

RacerX

When my girlfriend saw your list of guns she said she didnt think it possible for someone to own more tools than I do. :eek: Thanks to your impressive list,I may be able to convince her I need a few more 2thumbs.gif BTW I agree with having each gun dedicated to a certain material.Something I learned the hard way.(Flecs of color in my clear coat.) fmad.gif But, you live and you learn