HybridZ

How did YOU get your turbine housing off - T3/4

Brad-ManQ45

If you have access to a sandblaster, it will do wonders at getting them apart. Block off the oil passage and then blast all around the seam (with all bolts removed). They usually will come right apart if you do that. Clean everything up and re-assemble as needed.

I finally got some more time to work on it today and succeeded.

This is a water-cooled Turbonetics turbo that I had a clipped turbine and stock exhaust housing on, using an S-3 compressor and 70 A/R housing.

Due to the way everything was clocked, the old keep loosening the bolts that pair up with the oil feed bosses wasn't gonna work.

I wound up using two different size cold chisels because they were basically wedge shaped and worked my way around the turbo. It took a while to notice that it had started to come out, but once I saw progress, it seemed to go much faster!

As always, constantly checked for free shaft rotation and no binding.

Edited by Brad-ManQ45

Best way to do this to remove as many of the bolts as possible so you can see the joint where the center section goes into the housing and spray WD40 on the joint. Let it soak for a couple of hours and tap evenly on the backing plate to get it out. Of course, clean off the WD40 with brake cleaner unless you like fogging for mosquitos.