HybridZ

Sub fram connectors in...

Indri

My brother and I finished the sub-frame connectors. He's the experienced welder/fabricator, but I managed to help cut, fabricate, and grind - or just got in the way depending on who you ask :P

The front is spot and seam welded with a piece of 1/8" steel bent to sleeve over the entire subframe. It looks like there is a gap in the pic, but the pinch weld was grinded off underneath the sleeve so sleeve fit flush and could be spot welded to everything. The actual subframe connector runs up into the front subframe a good six to eight inches. Everything is tied to the 1/8" sleeve by spot/seam welding. The rear is sleeved (at the angle), spot, and seam welded.

Pics! (those droplets are water, we just rinsed the car off before putting it back in storage) Next up is the roll cage and r200/z31 CV conversion.

post-12132-053902400 1288542572_thumb.jpg

post-12132-051290800 1288567261_thumb.jpg

Edited by Indri

Don't worry, the floor pans are going to be cut out and good ol' fashioned home-made ones will be put in. The point of this work was to just get the subframe connectors in. We cut/grinded/tore/ripped our way through the shotty floor pans the previous owner had installed. I also plan on tying the subframe connectors to the rocker panels. Unfortunately I am only in town for brief periods of time (this was done within one week - working after hours).

post-12132-010170300 1288568326_thumb.jpg

post-12132-029100600 1288568681_thumb.jpg

Edited by Indri