HybridZ

Oil/fluid inside bellhousing - source?

Daemione

Hey everyone - would appreciate an experienced set of eyes or two taking a look at what I've got going on. :)

5137526317_9b62e01df8_b.jpg

5138137744_2f6917622b_b.jpg

5138140194_5a441f4011_b.jpg

5138131924_6f4b260b5e_b.jpg

The little I know about the car's maintenance history is that the slave cylinder was replaced in April of '07. If the clutch lever boot was in as bad a shape then as it is now, could that all be a result of clutch fluid sprayed into the bellhousing from the slave cylinder? Even if that's the case for the interior, I'm concerned about the seepage on the exterior of the bellhousing. Rear main seal showed no signs of leaking (although I replaced it anyway) . . . is there any particular tranny seal I should investigate first? The front one in the bellhousing doesn't look too bad, and it seems to me I'd have oil spread all around if it were leaking, not just on the upper passenger side.

Anyone know if Nissan still stock the shift lever boots & tranny seals? I'd rather not have to wait on shipping before finishing this job. Thanks!