HybridZ

Help!Con Rod wanted

MRS

Best of luck with finding a single con rod for a '73!

The 73 engines came with the larger 9mm rod bolts (Nissan changed to the 9mm rod bolts during late 1972 for the rest of the l series engines going into the s30 and s130), making them desirable for people doing a stroker build. Your best bet is probably going to be to source a complete set of used ones in good shape and have them shipped to you. They should run $100-150 plus shipping depending con condition.

Another option would be to go with the earlier 240z rods. They're the same length, but have the 8mm rod bolts. These should be strong enough if you're doing things where you'll be keeping the l24 block. I don't have an actual power figure for what they'll hold, but they're fine for stock and mild performance engines.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Ryan

That helps a lot.

Thank you very much.Now i am going to check your information with units sent to Europe because sometimes cars were not exactly the same.Futhermore at that time in my country Z specs were General Specs and not European ones.

Nissan was very burocratic company.

Regards.

MRS