HybridZ

75 z build

I have a 75 280z that was FI and the motor I picked up for it was a 75 260 carbed motor.

What im aware of off the bat:

1. The FI fuel pump wont work bc to much pressure

- The engine has a mechanical pump...do I go with this? Or do I go with an electric pump and regulator.

Other than that what other problems will I encounter? Any wireing issues that will need to be worked out?

I am looking to hire someone to complete my install and want to know what problems they will encounter. That way if they dont know what to do when they come to that problem, I am hoping to turn to this thread and find the answer instead of searching over and over threads to no find the answer im looking for.

Edited by 75zcar

Things im aware of:

1. The FI fuel pump wont work bc to much pressure

- The engine has a mechanical pump...do I go with this? Or do I go with an electric pump and regulator.

First off, it depends on how much you want to spend and how reliable/servicable you're expecting it to be. Personally, I would go with an electric pump, but if you're planning on saving a little on parts to offset the cost of having someone else complete the labor, then you may opt for the mechanical pump.

Second, was there anything else that you are aware of?

I am hoping to turn to this thread and find the answer instead of searching over and over threads to no find the answer im looking for.

Finally, this statement is going to get you flamed. The forum is here for information, certainly. But, if you truly want help on a subject, you have to show the initiative to find the answers. Anyone who has spent any time on here will tell you that the search function is there for a reason. If you have questions about where to begin on your build of a 280Z, or if you want to know what parts and accessories to buy, you need to first read as much as you possibly can about other people's processes. Along the way you'll gain invaluable knowledge and determine a specific purpose for your build. As things stand right now, no one could answer your questions without a lot more information about what you're expecting from your end result. Good luck with your build, and search and read as much as you can. You may get frustrated some times when you're not able to find exactly what you think you're looking for, but you may also stumble on some info you weren't necessarily looking for.

• Like 1

Im not looking for a what to buy type answer by any means. Im concered on issues I may have on issues like the fuel pump, wiring that wont x-over from going to carbs, relocating things, or things I can remove intiarly.

At the same time I totally see what your saying and will return with any more specific questions.