HybridZ

Switching an auto to manual

sergio

Hello all,

I want to first say hello and thank you to everyone who have contributed the great information that is available on this forum.

As my post topic reads I am curious about switching an automatic tranny/gearbox into a manual tranny/gearbox.

Say for instance I have a Chevy 305 with a turbo 350 engine in a 280z, and was curious about what it would take to switch in a manual transmission/gearbox.

1)Would this change require a major project to complete?

2) What would be a rough estimate (if possible) of the costs involved in this change?

3) Is this switch a realistic and tangible dream?

4) Is there any guide that has been posted on a car that has gone through the same transition?

Any help would be amazing as I begin to get as much information as possible.

sergio, first step prior to asking any questions here [or most other sites for that matter] is become friendly with the search function. then, if you are unable to find the answers to help, post your question.

there is an amazing collection of information here that has been compiled over the years. i can personally attest to how helpful it has been for myself and hundreds of others.

like i said-search first...