HybridZ

front fender vents.

Guest zphreek

Guest zphreek

hey guys, i am looking for ideas for some vents or scoops to put behind the front wheels. i tryed a scoop kind of like the one on Terry O's car, but it just didnt look quite right without flares... i saw a Z once with vents that looked like the ones on the C-5 vettes but i cant remember where i saw it. anyone have any pics that would give me some ideas?? BTW my front fenders are fiberglass and need some custom work to make them fit anyway... twak.gif

Guest zphreek

mainly the vent would be for looks :rolleyes: but it would be open in the wheelwell, so i guess thats what it would be doing :D what exactly is the advantage of venting the wheelwell??

Guest Anonymous

As Davy Z pointed out the Camaro z 28 fender vents are nice. Also I see the need to vent the hood of the GTO 250 and the Z 28 louver vents look promising.. I have a current bid on an E Bay Z 28 pair item #187119662.My number dsylexia problem told me that the vents were only on the 68-69 Z 28s and were rare so I got carried away with the bidding LOL (****** RE-EDIT praise the saints,I just lost the bid on the vents .........2X LOL)....The Tomahawk hood has this rather unique and hidden vent built into back end of the hood that is only visible from the passenger compartment. The hood appears to be fully closed but is not with a nice hidden gap. I have some fiberglass vents (2 louver) that are in the corvette style that came with the Origin convertible kit and just about have the confidence to make a couple fiberglass molds out of them but really prefer the Z28 vents since they are in the Shelby Cobra style.

280Zone,

I like your wheels, are they 4 lug or are they of the 5 lug conversion.

I also plan on using the same set up for fender vents-but I grabbed my vents from the same year F-Series Pontiac T/A.

Did you only use the outer vents from the Camaro or did you also grab the inner mounting that mates to the outer vents from the insider?

Are you using your Vents to vent the wheel well or running a tube to the engine to vent the engine-that is my plan: to utilize the vents to vent the engine (with an electrical fan inside the tube that kicks on when the electrical fan kicks on.

BTW: Your Vents looks good.

And dont forget to tell me what brand wheels are on your car (and how much you paid for them-if you dont mind me asking)!

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Kevin,

The wheels are the 4 lug with the Honda bolt pattern using 3/4" spacers. The wheel are American Racing spyders 15X7. I have seen them at Pep Boys for around $100 ea.

I bought the fender vents on ebay and they came with the inner metal bracket and the plastic spacer thing.

The fender vents are just for show, they will only be venting the wheel well. I might seal up the opening if the water coming through the hole gets to be a pain.

I also bought some later model Trans am fender vents but I didn't think the curve matched the wheel opening curve without some modification so they are sitting on a shelf right now.

I'd like to see what every one else has in mind for their fenders too.

Guest Anonymous

OldZman; The Tomahawk Z kit uses the OEM plastic louvers for both hood and fender vents buy cutting off both the end sectioms at the thick center webbings and uses the middle section as a smaller louver vent.

Guest oldzman

Tomahawk Z that sound a good idea.

don't mean to be copy cat. but this is a low budget project. but i think I've seen that said on here before. still have to get lots other stuff.

{spoiler,wheels,paint,struts,and the list keep get longer. I'am just getting started.

72 240 with 350. More idea then money.

Don