HybridZ

RHD '71 240Z progress

Waiting on a youtube video to load, so here we are.

I tied up a few things today. Got my fuel lines finished, out of braided SS aircraft lines, and the carb breather bowls and whatnot. Pictures later. Fixed a little rust on the hood and sprayed some paint on it.

I decided to put the battery box just behind the passenger (driver for LHD) seat, between the seat and shock tower. It uses two allthread rods with wing nuts to hold it down, so I think it'll work well enough. I cleaned the back of the car out and sorted my parts out.

I understand there are a few KA24 guys out there, and I'm considering a KA swap, since I've located a KA24DE, harness, ECM, trans, and other parts for $200. I put the 7M back in my Supra.

Well, there we are. Update for the day. Also thinking of getting some Recaro knockoff seats. I'm 6'4", and the stock seats won't go back anymore, lol, so the car is a tad difficult to get in and out of.

• 5 months later...

Well, I got a few things, and decided to write up an update. I moved the car home, finally. I haven't done much, but I managed to get my hands on a Marushin Shoukai spoiler (or a knockoff...don't know, don't care. it's the look i wanted). I haven't got pictures yet, but I'm working on it.

I went today and bought a Wilwood twin brake cylinder pedal and a brake cylinder today. I've decided to run a twin cylinder setup with Wilwood four pot calipers on the front and likely single piston calipers on the rear. It's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr more than I'll ever need, but hey, it's a money pit. Might as well do it up.

I'm working on my 7MGTE swap, and I've decided to run the engine using a Megasquirt of some sort. I'm going to do all of the work myself, from building the cage (if it gets one) all the way down to painting the car. Anywho, so there it is. Here's a picture of my newly acquired loot:

securedownload-1.jpg

• 10 months later...

cool swap youve got going on, and its good youve got the steering set up,

one thing, and not necessarily to you, but to everybody

Flipping a LHD Front steer rack to use as a RHD Front steer rack WILL NOT WORK. The input will be reversed (I.E you turn the wheel left and you will go right), however you can take a LHD REAR STEER rack and flip it and use it as a RHD Front steer rack and it will work properly, but then you have to figure out your mounting solution

cool swap youve got going on, and its good youve got the steering set up,

one thing, and not necessarily to you, but to everybody

Flipping a LHD Front steer rack to use as a RHD Front steer rack WILL NOT WORK. The input will be reversed (I.E you turn the wheel left and you will go right), however you can take a LHD REAR STEER rack and flip it and use it as a RHD Front steer rack and it will work properly, but then you have to figure out your mounting solution

I think you are right but oh wow that would be fun to watch on the road :D "Quick turn left... No no your other left" You just need to swap the brake and gas peddle to make the experience complete.

Also I don't think anyone answered the question regarding the linkage to cable connection. I assume you are running a cable from the peddle and the linkage is on the carbs?

If so I have done a similar thing. I found a linkage with a connection for a cable. It has a curved groove for the cable to sit in and allows the cable to pull the linkage around when I accelerate. I then created my own termination point which attaches to the hood latch and stops the cable sheath from slipping.