HybridZ

I know its not a Z but I figured I'd share

Weston

This is all copy and pasted from my other Forums.

Okay fellas,

I figured I would go ahead and start a build thread since I am getting sorta close.

The vehicle: 1991 S13 hatch. AKA, Lucile

The motor: RB25DET

I will try to get pictures up when I get home from work...

I have ordered my radiator and I will be ordering my motor swap set on Friday, the 6th.

I am uber stoked for this swap. I have pulled out the stock KADE and started to clean the engine bay and beat back the firewall and beat out the trans well to fit this bohemoth.

The body of the car needs some love but for the most part, she's pretty clean. Some dents and dings and the rear bumper is beat in from a fender bender. Paint is quite fair though.

For now the plans are to have the motor stock, then I will be doing coilovers, then get into the cosmetic stuff. Interior was a little rough so I gutted it out and am ready to replace the carpet, and I will be re-upholstering the door panels and some random crap.

Not sure what I am going to do for exterior as yet. I am thinking of vinal wrapping it, but that gets pricey. I love the look though.

I will do my best to keep this updated as much as possible. I will get pictures tonight!

Part 2:

Well here are some starter pics.

The day I picked up my baby.

f895f8f4.jpg

29283_413929412696_761802696_416370.jpg

47c0c72a.jpg

029550d8.jpg

I started to pull out the interior. The carpet was a little rough.

f725cb4c.jpg

7f337db4.jpg

341b7fbe.jpg

Started getting the KADE out. I was originally going to build the KADE for monster boost but wanted something different. There is no one in my town with an RB so I figured I'd shoot for the first.

6a086fe7.jpg

44b93965.jpg

9957271b.jpg

And here are the most recent pics. Need some love on the body but I know a guy who is probably one of the best metal workers I have ever seen.

SAM_0341.jpg

SAM_0346.jpg

SAM_0343.jpg

Lower Radiator mount is bent from PO's accident. Not terrible but it aggravates me lol.

SAM_0342.jpg

Rear bumper bashed in pretty good. Caused the trunk pan to flex and crumple slightly.

SAM_0344.jpg

So there you have it. Thats where she sits as of right now. I have big plans for her. I hope to at least get the car running and the suspension taken car of before next summer when I move to Charlotte for NTI!

Part 3:

Yeah baby. Got my mishi today. Like 2 minutes before I got home from work!

SAM_0349.jpg

SAM_0348.jpg

SAM_0347.jpg

She's so pretty!

Part 4:

Well this was just kind of for kicks. I had the paint so why not see what it would look like lol... yeah... not so much.

Primer

SAM_0350.jpg

SAM_0352.jpg

SAM_0353.jpg

And now the paint. LOL talk about bright. I don't think she is going to stay this way. I was going to take it to bare metal but I wasn't in the mood for extra work. I'll probably just end up painting it matte black.

Before clear.

SAM_0357.jpg

SAM_0358.jpg

After clear.

SAM_0355.jpg

SAM_0356.jpg

SAM_0354.jpg

Yeah, like I said. Probably not going to stay. lol

Part 5:

UPDATE!!!

Well this is what the engine bay now looks like. I think the red could have been cool if the car was going to be a show car. I am going for a car that can't be seen at bight though. Black on black on black lol. And yes, I do know there is still some red peeping through in places. I need to lay one more coat on there.

PICS!

SAM_0364.jpg

SAM_0365-1.jpg

SAM_0362.jpg

I did how ever find some MINOR frame rail damage. Not noticeable in the pics and it's not bad at all. But it's there. lol.

Motor will be here before NOON tomorrow!!!!! I am so stocked. And it's a perfectly good reason to be late for work! I HAVE to sign for it.... and stare at it.... and ... to..u.ch. it.... ooooooohohohoh. Okay cargasm over

Part 6:

UPDATE:

The baby.

SAM_0366.jpg

SAM_0370.jpg

SAM_0373.jpg

SAM_0372.jpg

SAM_0390.jpg

Valve covers and cams:

SAM_0381.jpg

SAM_0384.jpg

SAM_0386.jpg

And some beauty shots lol.

SAM_0389.jpg

SAM_0391.jpg

SAM_0392.jpg

And I be hiding behind my turbo!

SAM_0397.jpg

Part 7:

UUUUPPPPDAAATTTEEEEE:

Some random pics for your viewing pleasure.

SAM_0398.jpg

SAM_0399.jpg

SAM_0401.jpg

SAM_0404.jpg

SAM_0406.jpg

SAM_0405.jpg

SAM_0410.jpg

SAM_0409.jpg

SAM_0411.jpg

SAM_0402.jpg

SAM_0408.jpg

One day they shall meet!

SAM_0419.jpg

And I think this just looks bad A! I kept slipping though so I is slightly fuzzy.

SAM_0439.jpg

Part 8:

DO WORK!

Well I didn't get to wrap the manifold, I couldn't find any black wrap at the Auto store. Luckily we can get it at my work place, and I can get it for cheap lol. Just have to order it.

More pictures...

Here is a better one of this picture. Not so fuzzy...

SAM_0438-1.jpg

Power Steering and A/C removed. Just need to get the motor onto the stand so I can get the bracket off, it is supporting the motor at the moment.

SAM_0441.jpg

And just because

SAM_0445.jpg

Part 9:

Small Update:

I didn't get to do as much as I wanted to tonight because the flywheel bolts are tight as crap. I don't have an air compressor at the moment to use my impact.

But the clutch does look good.

SAM_0454.jpg

SAM_0455.jpg

SAM_0453.jpg

SAM_0452.jpg

Yeeeeah

Part 10:

As promised! Update WITH pictures!

OMG WHERE'S MY MOTOR!!!!

SAM_0476.jpg

Found it!!!

SAM_0477.jpg

SAM_0479.jpg

SAM_0480.jpg

Then gravity had to jump in. The motor fell!

SAM_0482.jpg

SAM_0483.jpg

SAM_0484.jpg

She's okay though. It will still bolt up to the trans!

SAM_0485.jpg

SAM_0490.jpg

SAM_0488.jpg

SAM_0489.jpg

SAM_0487.jpg

And yeah, I picked this baby up for $60!!!! Hellz ya!

SAM_0491.jpg

Part 11:

UPDATE! Gosh darn this one is going to take a while...

Well I wanted to do something special for the valve covers, so this is what I came up with.

SAM_0494.jpg

SAM_0499.jpg

SAM_0525.jpg

SAM_0496.jpg

SAM_0497.jpg

SAM_0501.jpg

Cleaned up all of the hard lines to the best of my abilities.

SAM_0506.jpg

SAM_0507.jpg

SAM_0509.jpg

Felt like getting everything getting nice and clean. So I did some painting :)!

SAM_0510.jpg

SAM_0514.jpg

SAM_0520.jpg

SAM_0521.jpg

SAM_0519.jpg

SAM_0518.jpg

SAM_0524.jpg

SAM_0523.jpg

SAM_0524.jpg

Then we decided to fix my buddies oil leak.

SAM_0512.jpg

SAM_0511.jpg

Part 12:

Update:

I had these gauges when I was going to boost my SVT focus but I didn't because I didn't want to risk my DD. Hence this build thread you are now reading.

SAM_0529.jpg

Wideband

SAM_0530.jpg

Boost

SAM_0531.jpg

Oil Pressure

SAM_0532.jpg

Some goodies I bought today with the money I got for selling a spare turbo I had laying around. Surprisingly the universal pillar pod fits extremely well.

SAM_0533.jpg

Put the dash back in. I didn't bolt it in because of needing to move it around for some wiring.

SAM_0538.jpg

Some test fitting.

SAM_0534.jpg

SAM_0535.jpg

With the gauges

SAM_0536.jpg

SAM_0537.jpg

The pod is not mounted yet as I am still wiring and what not.

I got some wiring done on the gauges but not all of it. I'll probably be doing more this coming weekend as I work all week at both jobs. But yeah, thats what I did earlier this evening.

That is where I am at, at the moment. I am shooting to have the motor back in the car by the end of this calendar year but we shall see how the finances hold out. I have a friend on this forum and said you guys are amazing. I figured I would join, share my stuff and hopefully get some constructive criticism.