HybridZ

Non-EGR, non-webbed EFI intake

AtlantaZ

I have a webbed/EGR manifold from a 1983 280ZX that I started to clean up, but I'd rather just buy someone else's and save myself the trouble and expense. :)

I'd take either the N42 or N47 intake manifold, as long as the EGR is absent/capped and there's no webbing.

As partial trade, I'd be happy to send my 1983 N47 webbed/EGR manifold and a stock J-pipe. I could have them sandblasted and powdercoated in the color of your choice too!

• Administrators

I recently machined an N47 intake to accept the more common 14mm O-ring injectors, (will not accept the stock Z car injectors unless you find some thick wall O-ring. O-ring injectors shown are not included, you'll have to build/source your own fuel rail).

Bare intake, all threaded holes are good, all machined surfaces are good, only issue is the fitting for the stainless tube is broke off in the EGR boss, (green circle/arrow in pics). EGR is not plugged.

If the current interested party backs out, it's available, $150 plus shipping. Will hopefully know for sure soon.

14mmTop.jpg

14mmfce.jpg

14mmBottInt.jpg

14mmInj2.jpg

14mmInj1.jpg

• Administrators

Just throwing this out in case it helps. Another option for plugging EGR is remove the steel plugs from the bottom, (cutting/machine off the entire bottom section of the EGR plenum greatly simplifies this as the plugs are usually so corroded they don't want to come out conventionally), then tap the transfer ports that lead into the runners for pipe plugs or have them welded. Then just cut off the EGR boss for a visually cleaner looking intake. :wink:

EGR2.jpg

DSC_7675Medium.jpg

Here is a customers N47 EGR intake we did using that method above;

intMedium.jpg

The whole goal here is to blow away the EGR... I wonder if I could use JB Weld on it?

I used JB Weld on mine, and it's held up for over a year now. Even with all that turbo heat. Trick was to use a good amount of aluminum shavings (from porting the manifold), and mix them with the JB Weld. I cut the EGR off with a sawzall, cut a piece of thin steel to cover the hole, and applied quite a bit of the JB Weld/aluminum mixture inside and out. Make sure the surface is clean, and use a coarse sandpaper to give it some texture before applying the mix. I inspect mine every couple of months to make sure the heat hasn't gotten to it, and so far so good.

Better to have it welded, or get an N42, but I was pretty much in the same boat as you when I did mine. Low on funds, and couldn't find an N42 for a good price. Had an extra N47, and figured I'd give it a try. My mom has an N42 intake in one of her parts cars, and I've been trying to get her to sell it to me for two years now.

N47+intake+and+exhaust-before.jpg

280z+intake-after+paint_1.jpg