HybridZ

What do you guys think of these flares?

Guest Anonymous

WOW! I like those alot. I have been trying to figure out a way of going without flares on my car because they all have that turned down look (which I don't like). Those look really nice, who makes them and for how much. Thanks for taking some decent pics of them to. 2thumbs.gif

Use your right click botton and arrow on the 'x', then go to 'properties' at the bottom of the list, left click and then cut or save the url address, then paste it at the top of your computer screen and you'll go right to the pic. The reason you may not be able to see it on the forum is that some websites don't want you to use their bandwidth to promote your own pictures on the web for free; not Jon's fault. Comprende?

Davy

Guest Anonymous

Davy, I'm not sure I'm going to use those flares. I suck at body work, so I was thinking about the ZG Flares. Wheels and tires are going to be for track use so I was thinking about 16x8" frnt and 16x10" rear, Diamond wheels. I'm not sure yet but you know I tend to ponder this stuff for a while before I commit. bonk.gif Facts are the Diamond steel wheels web page are not that heavy (???) (16x8=21lbs, $99, 16x10=23lbs,$125.) I'd love to get some light weight wheels but the $$$ is just too much for me right now (know any deals???) and the hassle with offsets, backspacing and all that. I just want to get some more tire and have some fun on the track. I'll get better wheels when I can afford it, but fun is the major motivator right now. Tell me, am I making a mistake?

Jon

Guest 240hybrid

Im thinking of going the same route and sizing as you with wheels....I still want to see what my car will look like with my wheels mounted before I decide on what kind of flares or none at all?? The ones you have are some of the more appealing flares I've seen. I like mild flares, not ones that hang out 6 inches puke.gif thats just what I like though. Good luck on your body work if you decide to go with them?? also where did you get those from? Maybe I'll look into them when the time comes. 2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

I don't think the flares are in production anymore. They were given to me by a friend and Z enthusiast who photgraphed them for a catalog back in the '80s when the Z craze was hot. That's why I've been hanging onto them for so long... he really wants me to put them on the car, I'm just not sure... :(

Guest Carlissimo

Those look like the same flares I have. If anyone knows where to get more of them please let me know.

I have more pictures and info on wheel/tire sizes on my web site (see link below).

Guest Anonymous

Jon... the flares are great...Is there anyway you can hold onto them so some molds could be splashed off them.The design is not all that complicated and look from the pictures to come from a flat one piece mold. We all should face one thing: Z aftermarket accessories are dwindling and some effort should be made to preserve what is left. A mold could be easily splashed off the fronts after installation by removing the fenders but the rear flares would be a problem after installation. Just my thoughts....

When I saw those flares on Monday the first thing I thought was "wow those are nice" "I would love to find a set of those flares". Later Monday eavining I got a phone call from a friend of mine in the San Diego Z club who asked if I was still looking for some fender flares, I said yes and he told me he had some flares and other fiberglass parts from his brother and he would bring them to Tuesday nights meeting for me to look at.

Last night when he opened up the back of his truck I almost had a heart attack, sitting in front of me was a hood, front air dam, complete L & R front fenders, 2 L front flares (exactly like in the picture), 1 R front flare, and 1 R rear flare. None of these parts has ever been on a car, also he told me he is sure he knows where the missing R front and rear flares are as well as the 2 missing L rear flares. The total package when he finds the other parts will be 2 complete sets of the flares pictured by Jumbo240Z, a hood, full front fenders and an air dam all for a price less than any single item mentioned would cost new. :D2thumbs.gif:D2thumbs.gif

Dragonfly