HybridZ

POR 15 long term

280z4me2

Doing body work and metal patching. Had plans to POR 15 my engine bay and radiator support, then use the tie-coat primer and then paint the same color as the car. I am very farmiliar with paint and body work but I am hesitant on POR. I have tried the sample kit and its been in the sun for 6 months with no problems. I find it to be very durable with strong adhesion. Dont really have the money for a reputable media blaster and even with blasting it is impossible to reach all of the crevices and brackets on a unibody car.

Im sure this has been ask before, but who has used POR 15, and had good, LONG term results? Atleast a year or more....???

Doing body work and metal patching. Had plans to POR 15 my engine bay and radiator support, then use the tie-coat primer and then paint the same color as the car. I am very farmiliar with paint and body work but I am hesitant on POR. I have tried the sample kit and its been in the sun for 6 months with no problems. I find it to be very durable with strong adhesion. Dont really have the money for a reputable media blaster and even with blasting it is impossible to reach all of the crevices and brackets on a unibody car.

Im sure this has been ask before, but who has used POR 15, and had good, LONG term results? Atleast a year or more....???

10 years. Still going strong. Small delamination of paint off of the tie coat. Not a POR problem..... more of my poor surface prep after Tie Coat.

Applied over sandblasted surface.

G